When you login to Dell Open Manage server software, you may notice a warning sign right next to Main System Chassis. On further drill down the option you will find the error was triggered by Hardware Logs.
The warning is triggered when the Hardware Log is full. New events will overwrite the older logs but the warning will get cleared only if older logs are purged.
To use OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA) to clear the ESM log
- Start OpenManage Server Administrator (OMSA).
- Log in to OMSA by entering your username and password, and then press Enter.
- Click the Logs tab, and then click Hardware.
- Use Export option to take backup of current logs.
- Click Clear Log located next to Options.
Note: Before clearing logs ensure you take backup of the logs. Hardware logs are crucial in diagnosing many hardware faults.